which wiki to wiki...

Hi guys,

I'm setting up a project which needs a wiki, and plunged down the
mediawiki path, since I figure it's the most popular wiki out there.
(Maybe its not?) Then I wanted to get into access control, and the first
thing mediawiki tells me is, "are you sure you want to use mediawiki if
you plan to restrict access?" and a bunch of external links to other
wiki's. So I was wondering, maybe mediawiki isn't for me and I should
try another one. So.... Any of you guys have a favourite wiki engine you
use? The ones media wiki points me to are...

MoinMoin http://moinmo.in/
GroupWikiBase http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/GroupWikiBase
Twiki http://twiki.org
TikiWiki http://tikiwiki.org

from a quick check, maybe tikiwiki is best? But I'm sure there are
hordes of wikis out there. Any suggestion or comment on this is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks. Steve.