which wiki to wiki...

I've used both twiki and mediawiki and think twiki may be the way to go for you.  Mediawiki is really designed for wikipedia and other large open sites. Twiki seems better for small controled community use.

------Original Message------
From: Stephen Adler
Sender: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
To: BLU
Subject: which wiki to wiki...
Sent: Jan 3, 2010 10:03 AM

Hi guys,

I'm setting up a project which needs a wiki, and plunged down the
mediawiki path, since I figure it's the most popular wiki out there.
(Maybe its not?) Then I wanted to get into access control, and the first
thing mediawiki tells me is, "are you sure you want to use mediawiki if
you plan to restrict access?" and a bunch of external links to other
wiki's. So I was wondering, maybe mediawiki isn't for me and I should
try another one. So.... Any of you guys have a favourite wiki engine you
use? The ones media wiki points me to are...

MoinMoin http://moinmo.in/
GroupWikiBase http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/GroupWikiBase
Twiki http://twiki.org
TikiWiki http://tikiwiki.org

from a quick check, maybe tikiwiki is best? But I'm sure there are
hordes of wikis out there. Any suggestion or comment on this is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks. Steve.