Counting how often an email alias is used

One of the nicest things about having my own server is that it gives me
an inexhaustible supply of throwaway email addresses. However, my
/etc/aliases file has grown to the point that it's no longer convenient
to manage, and I'd like to count when each alias is used.

All suggestions welcome. TIA.

Bill

--
E. William Horne