Compiling Radiance

> usr/include/X11 -DNOSTEREO -o psign psign.o -lrtrad -lm
> cd tiff ; ./configure -C -quiet -with-CC=gcc \
>         "--libdir=`pwd`/../../lib" "--includedir=`pwd`/../../common" \
>         --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-cxx \
>         --enable-logluv --disable-jpeg \
>         --disable-zlib --disable-pixarlog \
>         "-with-ENVOPTS=-O2" ; \
>     cd port ; make all ; \
>     cd ../libtiff ; make install
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.

The config.log will be in the subdirectory named 'tiff'.  Were you looking
in the right place?  You could try one of these to help:

find . -type d -name tiff
find . -name config.log

In any case, my wild ass guess is that you don't have g++ installed.
You can double check:

rpm -qa | grep ^gcc

-ben

--
nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher
than you think.                                     <benjamin disraeli>