chrome

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Stephen Adler <adler-wRvlPVLobi1/31tCrMuHxg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Has anyone tried out chrome for linux?

Yep. Chromium for Linux is available for Fedora here:

http://rajaseelan.com/2009/07/04/how-to-install-google-chrome-in-fedora-10-or-fedora-11/

> Anyone think it'll become part of the major distributions?

I don't see why not, as long as the licensing is appropriate. Right
now, I understand it is pretty early in development and there are
issues. But the V8 engine is already remarkable fast, and the Chrome
rendering is pretty compliant.

> Does chrome keep track of all your searches and send them to google to stuff into their big ass database so they can add
> to their search/marketing data to help them sell ads?

I don't know. If you're using Google Search, they're using cookies and
likely tying those to IP addresses already. I don't think they've
added anything special into Chromium, but I haven't gone looking.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC