chrome

I've got Google Chrome installed under Fedora 12 and Ubuntu 9.10. Have
not used it much as I have gotten used to the sidebar on Firefox,
especially with bookmarks. I suspect that most major distros will
include Chrome in the future.  I'm going to set it up as the default
viewer on my laptop for the time being.

On 01/16/2010 09:03 AM, Ted Roche wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Stephen Adler <adler-wRvlPVLobi1/31tCrMuHxg at public.gmane.org>=
 wrote:
>  =20
>> Has anyone tried out chrome for linux?
>>    =20
> Yep. Chromium for Linux is available for Fedora here:
>
> http://rajaseelan.com/2009/07/04/how-to-install-google-chrome-in-fedora=
-10-or-fedora-11/

>  =20
>> Anyone think it'll become part of the major distributions?
>>    =20
> I don't see why not, as long as the licensing is appropriate. Right
> now, I understand it is pretty early in development and there are
> issues. But the V8 engine is already remarkable fast, and the Chrome
> rendering is pretty compliant.
>
>  =20
>> Does chrome keep track of all your searches and send them to google to=
 stuff into their big ass database so they can add
>> to their search/marketing data to help them sell ads?
>>    =20
> I don't know. If you're using Google Search, they're using cookies and
> likely tying those to IP addresses already. I don't think they've
> added anything special into Chromium, but I haven't gone looking.
>
>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846