Worried about google: was -> Re: chrome, Google DNS

I must say, I'm worried about google's dominance of information. The
recent attack on their gmail servers is one example of why the use of
free information systems (i.e. as in e-mail) is just dangerous. How many
people use yahoo, ms mail, gmail and other free mail services? Now with
google putting out its own cell phone, which has gmail installed on it
and I'm sure it uses google for is search engine. A google OS? A google
desktop system which "integrates its search ability" from desktop
through to all your internet searches... (I'm kind of feeling raped here..)

Does anyone share this feeling of privacy violation? I'm starting to
feel a bit like Kaczynski, not that I plan to mail bombs to Larry Page
and Sergey Brin, but that I feel the need to guard myself when I go off
and search the next. Some how do the online equivalent of running off to
Montana and learn survivalist skills. Actually, what we need is a
distributed search system, something akin to the SETI at home project,
where the search database is distributed throughout millions of desktops
and no one place contains the sum all of our queries...

I'm just rambling...

/ <http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:Theodore_Kaczynski>/