Subversion configuration

By daemon, do you mean svnserver.
All my users in this case will be sshing to the server as the contract
limits who can use the sources. Since we have some users on our servers
from other divisions and possibly a client, access to this server is
restricted to the people in our group (3 here and 1 in Toronto). I'm
definitely not using Apache.

On 01/19/2010 03:48 PM, Matthew Gillen wrote:
> On 01/19/2010 03:30 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>  =20
>> I'm just setting up a subversion repository for the first time. I have=

>> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/index.html, but one question remain=
s.
>> If I set up the repository as root, everything is owned by root
>> initially. Or, is it useful to set up a svn user id similar to CVS.
>> Actually, while there are 4 of us who will have access, only one perso=
>> in reality will be checking files into and out of the repository excep=
>> that I will be populating the repository initially.
>>    =20
> It's easy to chmod/chown later if you change your mind.  Usefulness of =
an 'svn
> user' depends on your access method and how security conscious you are.=
  If

On 01/19/2010 03:53 PM, Frank DiPrete wrote:

> it's a really good idea to setup the repo as a user "svnd" who owns
> the files and is the daemon user to run the subversion daemon. also, I
> found that using xinit to start the daemon is a pita, so it's better
> just to run the daemon via init script.
>
> As for checkin and checkout perms, it is a good idea to set this up
> from the get-go. you can decide to have default perms set to allow all
> to check out and a simple user=3Dpass list in the repo's passwd file is=

> a good start. better to do it now in the event that the requirements
> change without notice ;)
>
> I wrote an init script for rh-ish distro's if you want it.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846