degraded coax

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Probably the reason for the local channel
> problem is that it is on an old RG59 cable.ss

Could be, as the coax does definitely degrade with time.

My cable signal had been steadily degrading for a long time, and it
eventually got bad enough that I called in Comcast for service. After
they tried several easier fixes, they eventually replaced the line from
the drop to the house, and things greatly improved.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA