Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 upgrade

Anyone encounter any show stoppers in your upgrade from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10?

I always wait a few months before doing an Ubuntu version upgrade to let
the bugs shake out. Though Ubuntu doesn't do the greatest job of fixing
bugs within a release. Bug fixes tend to get pushed to the next release,
which unless they're security bugs, is probably by design, but can be
rather inconvenient at times.

In preparation for the upgrade, I noticed a note:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KarmicUpgrades#Unable%20to%20Load%20Linux%20Drive

that the new release sometimes has problems booting from a root device
identified by UUID. They provided workarounds for both grub legacy and
grub2. The grub2 approach seemed cleaner, so I figured I'd start by
implementing that upgrade.

I read a few guides on this:
http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-grub-2-on-ubuntu-9.04
http://www.ubuntu-inside.me/2009/06/howto-upgrade-to-grub2-on-ubuntu-jaunty.html

which noted that the grub2 upgrade script has some bugs and doesn't
modify the legacy grub config file correctly when setting up grub2 to
chain load for initial testing. These guides were many months old, but
sure enough, the bug still exists in the 9.04 repositories:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/376879

They've fixed it in 9.10, but that doesn't help the people following the
upgrade notes that sort of encourage upgrading to grub2 first.

The other thing I saw noted were a bunch problems with proprietary
nvidia drivers, which I happen to be using:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-180/+bug/438398
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-180/+bug/474917
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-180/+bug/456637

  -Tom