Password fatigue solutions (was Single-signon)

David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> I would definitely recommend PasswordMaker here too.  Why save passwords
> in a safe when you can just have an app that calculates a unique one for
> each site?

Sounds like they aren't very unique if they can be calculated. What is
the input to the calculation? Does it all reduce to having a master
password that it permutes per web site address?

-kb, the Kent who has at least one online account, probably several,
where the domain name of the web site has changed from the day he signed
up to today.

P.S. Also, be skeptical of password tools that are too automatic, they
might open doors for entities other than you, like some rogue
Javascript. (Javascript seems to be the root of almost all security
holes these days.)