Password fatigue solutions (was Single-signon)

On 02/10/2010 02:55 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> David Rosenstrauch wrote:
>> I would definitely recommend PasswordMaker here too.  Why save passwords
>> in a safe when you can just have an app that calculates a unique one for
>> each site?
>
> A common password is used with PasswordMaker for all sites, right?
>
> So someone targeting you, who knows you use PasswordMaker, just needs to
> work on guessing that password, and then they can unlock all sites you
> use it with.

Let's see, they'd need to know:
1) that I use PasswordMaker
2) *all* of my PasswordMaker settings:
	a) hashing algorithm
	b) generated password length
	c) "alphabet" of characters to generate the password from
	d - h) 5 other settings that the app lets you tweak

and, finally

3) my master password

I'm really not too worried.

DR