Laptops and hardware virtualization

Most of the CPU chips out in the field today support hardware
virtualization (some low-end Intel chips do not).  But, many consumer
laptops  do not have the chipset or BIOS support. Without the BIOS
support there is no way to enable the hardware virtualization
acceleration. Certainly you can run VWWare, Virtualbox and QEMU without
vhardware support, but it poses some limitations. For instance in
Virtualbox, you can't run 64-bit guests unless the hardware
virtualization is enabled.
I was just wondering what laptops might have support for virtualization.
I know that the Toshiba Satellite and Acer Aspire do not have BIOS
support (or the chipset) to support hardware virtualization. However, I
do know that some business laptops do have virtualization support.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846