Laptops and hardware virtualization

On AMD chips to check the flag, just runn the command 'grep svm
/proc/cpuinfo'. This will tell you if you have an AMD chip with
virtualization. On Intel systems, use 'grep vmx /proc/cpuinfo'. But, as
has been noted, you need chipset support on the mother board. If you are
able to use KVM, then virtualization is enabled.

On 02/13/2010 10:30 PM, Franklin H. Chasen wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 14:12 -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
>  =20
>> I was just wondering what laptops might have support for virtualizatio=
n.
>> I know that the Toshiba Satellite and Acer Aspire do not have BIOS
>> support (or the chipset) to support hardware virtualization. However, =
>> do know that some business laptops do have virtualization support.
>>
>>    =20
> It looks like I was just able to install KVM virtualization on Centos
> 5.4 on my cherry red dual booting Gateway (Acer) netbook (LT3114u). It
> has a 64 bit AMD Athlon L110 processor. Because it has an 11.6 inch
> screen some people consider it a small laptop with no DVD player. I'll
> have to try setting up an XP virtualized client to see how well it
> works.
>
> -Frank
>

>  =20

--=20