[ubuntu-us-ma] SSD in regular laptop? or Accelerometer?

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 04:41:36AM -0500, John Abreau wrote:
> With a list price of over $5,000, a 128GB SSD seems a bit expensive for
> retrofitting an old laptop...

For Apple laptops, the cost for SSD upgrades from a 160GB SATA drive:

  128GB solid-state drive [Add $400.00]
  256GB solid-state drive [Add $850.00]

Either List is *way* out of whack with the actual price these are selling
for, or there are cheaper SSDs than the $5000 that you're looking at.

In fact, a single google search gets me to:

 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2013240636%201421430849&name=128GB&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-SolidStateDisks-_-NA-_-NA

Which has them for $400 with free shipping.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta