Some Android questions

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I will be replacing my Blackberry with the new Motorola Backflip with
> Motoblur that is now available through AT&T wireless. While I'm not
> locked in to AT&T Wireless getting my wife and mother to move to new
> phones is an issue.
>
> Most of the features of the Android phones I am familiar with, but a
> couple of things I'd like to do:\. First, I would like to be able to
> share my contacts with Thunderbird. I know that I can sync with Google.
> The Calendar is less important because I already use Google Calendar. I
> would like to be able to sync with Outlook for work. The other thing is
> sharing contacts between Android and Thunderbird. More specifically, my
> Thunderbird contacts are huge, and I don't want to pollute my PDA
> contacts. But I would like to be able to use and update the Android
> contacts from my hime Linux system. This leaves 1 question:
> With builtin WiFi, can I NFS export Android so I can access the contacts
> directly.
>
> Another issue is some password stuff. With the Palm I used to have the
> memo pad with some entries password protected. If for some reason I lost
> my Palm, the passwords and other data would at least be a bit difficult
> to get at (but crackable). I'd like an app where I could keep sensitive
> data encrypted but also that I could share that data with Linux and
> possibly with Putty on that other OS.
>
> Basically, what I want is a Palm or Blackberry-like memo pad (I've seen
> a few apps that seem to fit the bill such as "Sticky Memo Widget Lite".

The KeyPassDroid app http://www.keepassdroid.com/ for storing
passwords has a "comments" field which you could use to save arbitrary
text content.

I'm hoping, but haven't tested the notion, that the app is a
compatible implementation that works with the open source KeePassX for
linux/mac/windows http://www.keepassx.org/

--
Greg Rundlett