Some Android questions

On 02/22/2010 01:03 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile) wrote:

> The KeyPassDroid app http://www.keepassdroid.com/ for storing
> passwords has a "comments" field which you could use to save arbitrary
> text content.
>
> I'm hoping, but haven't tested the notion, that the app is a
> compatible implementation that works with the open source KeePassX for
> linux/mac/windows http://www.keepassx.org/
>
>  =20
Thanks Greg,
I have keeppass on Blackberry, and it caused the Blackberry sync to
crash. But, essentially a look at the Android Apps answered all my
questions.
1. Being able to copy my calendar, contacts and tasks through Outlook is
done through ActiveSync (supplied). Not sure about Notes (eg. Memo Pad)
2. CompanionSync (commercial) provides full sync capabilities between
Outlook (work) Android and Google. Not sure whether this is an
unnecessary expense. But it specifically allows me to transfer my notes
if ActiveSync does not. Another way to transfer notes is by cutting and
pasting. A bit too much, but workable. When I was syncing with Google
Calendar, some items would cause duplicates either on Google or on
Outlook, so this might be useful.

The one major benefit to the Android phones are that it is Linux and can
do Linux type things. The Backflip looks pretty good. It is similar to
the Cliq, but with a larger keyboard.=20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846