reviving a bit of slashdot history

A looonnngggg time ago, I was doing what is now called blogging or more
precisely, publishing online, some personal journals and what not. This
was back in 1998-2000. In those early days of the internet, it was
actually quite easy to get my articles mentioned in slashdot, and as a
result, I was able to document, and I think it was for the first time,
the famous slashdot effect. See link below...

http://news.slashdot.org/story/99/02/01/2140256/The-Slashdot-Effect-Investigated?art_pos=4

When I wrote the article, it was served up off my red hat 5.1 (or so)
desktop running apache with a direct link to the Internet from the
national laboratory I was working at back then. (T3 class I believe.) I
had a lot of bandwidth into the Internet provided by the department of
energy. :)

But that was then, and now is now. The server which hosted my articles
was taken down and recently I've decided it was time to bring these
articles back to life on my new website. The only problem, is that I
don't know how to get all the search engines to find them again....
Anyway, my original documentation of the slashdot effect is now here...

http://stephenadler.org/tiki-index.php?page=The+Slashdot+Effect

(For what ever it's worth...)

Cheers. Steve.