Some Android questions

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 01:45:25PM -0500, Randy Cole wrote:
> It has a polycarbonate-type plastic face, which will scratch much easier
> than glass, which I believe the iphone uses.

No, the Droid uses Corning's Gorilla Glass.

> It comes with a removable 16GB SD card (fat32 I think?), upgradable to
> 32GB, but the file system is configured so that apps have to be stored
> internally.  I'm already getting space warnings.  I haven't figured out
> how to overcome this.

That's an OS restriction; if you replace the ROM, you can get
around it.

> Gmail client doesn't do folders.  No yahoo mail client for android.

K9mail works nicely for anything that does IMAP.

> Airplane mode turns off CDMA and wifi, then have to turn on wifi.
> Rebooting turns off the wifi.

I'm not sure what you mean. Airplane mode turns off all the
radios: bluetooth, wifi, CDMA.

> Haven't figured out how to do ad and script blocking.
>
> Hard to tell if installed apps are compromising your privacy.

Assume that they are. If you discover a need to be secure, pull
the battery out.

-dsr-