another Comcast head-end goes digital

I don't think it has anything to do with your personal customer service.
Comcast is in direct competition with Verizon. It is interesting that
our business complex here (Riverside Center in Newton) only has RCN
cable. Neither Verizon nor Comcast service us for either Internet or TV
(other than Tn lines). Last week I did see that thjey were running fibre
to our complex, but that was to Building One, but not sure whose fibre.

Basically, I think that Comcast and other cable companies will be
connecting fibre to homes and businesses. Personally I don't think it
makes much difference if you have fibre or copper in your home as long
as you have reliable bandwidth. I remember when Continental Cablevision
was doing cable Internet. They had a limit to the number of subscribers
per loop. With nearly every channel providing HD content now or in the
near future and with the higher advertised bandwidths, they are going to
need to run more fibre in the highly subscribed areas.

On 02/25/2010 11:02 AM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Bill Bogstad wrote:
>  =20
>> Weird.  I'm still getting Basic, Expanded Basic, and some other
>> channels as ClearQAM in Cambridge.
>>    =20
> Probably a town thing.
>
> Also, my condo complex is switching from Comcast to Verizon Real Soon N=
ow(tm), probably once the weather warms up and they can run the fibre.  C=
omcast has to know this, that they're a lame duck, so there's no point in=
 putting effort toward customer service.

> --Rich P.
>
>  =20

--=20