Anyone using the Dell PowerEdge M1000e Blade system?

BostonUserGroups and the BLU got burnedwhen we both got new Dell
Poweredge systems.
My OPINION is that Dell does not have a long history with servers,
especially in comparison to HP and IBM. I know some people who swear by
Dell servers, but our Dell was a problem from day 1. We never got more
than a month uptime.

On 02/25/2010 02:35 PM, Matt Shields wrote:
> I'm looking at purchasing a couple of the Dell PowerEdge M1000e Blade
> systems but I'm having a tough time getting straight answers from anyon=
e at
> Dell on how to figure out what power I need and I'm hoping that some el=
se
> might have either the electrical knowledge or know from experience what=

> power I need.
>
> All my existing racks are 2 x 20amp/110v drops, we're allowed to use 80=
% of
> our available power per fire code which equates to 16amps per drop.  Ba=
sed
> on server specs and knowing what the power supply wattage is it's easy =
> calculate how many servers I can fit into a rack.  I'm averaging about =
14-15
> Dell PowerEdge 1950's per rack (~2amps/server), less if I have higher
> powered servers in the rack.
>
> When talking with the Dell technical rep he told me that each chassis
> requires 1 x 208v/20amp circuit to be fully redundant with 6 power
> supplies.  If I read through their site and their whitepaper (page 29 &=
 30)
> they seem to hint that for full redundancy I need 2 x 208v/60amp circui=
ts
> per chassis.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Main Product Page:
> http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/servers/pedge_m1000e/pd.aspx?refid=3D=