OT: Printer Suggestions

In my experience with printers, I have found that the HP and Epson
printers tend to be reliable. I'm not going to get into the politics. I
also like Brother printers. You could poll a few people and see what
their preferences are. A low cost Brother network color laser printer
will give them must faster printing, and again duplex. Most likely you
could also save money on ink. Laser printers tend to print around 10,000
to 20,000 copies per toner cartridge (depending on many factors).
Another issue is privacy. In many businesses, some secretaries have
printers on their desks because of confidential information. My approach
would be to get a color (or B&W) laser printer for most printing leaving
the slow, clunky ink jets on their desks.

One consideration to look at when considering ink jets is that most ink
jet inks are proprietary. If you decide to use cheap ink, you run a good
risk of damaging the printer.

On 02/25/2010 03:31 PM, Chris O'Connell wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've recently taken over the IT department of a non profit organization=
=2E
>  I've found that most users have a printer on their desk, but no two
> printers are the same.  I would like to standardize on one
> model/manufacturer if possible for a few reasons, the most major reason=
 is
> the ability to order mostly the same types of ink cartridges.
>
> Can anyone make any recommendations regarding specific models or makes =
based
> on reliability?
>
> Thanks in advance and sorry for being off topic, but you guys are such =
> fabulous resource I couldn't resist gathering your respected opinions.
>
>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846