Printer Suggestions

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Chris O'Connell <omegahalo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I can't explain why they have so many printers.  As previously mentioned, I
> just started here a week ago.  I know that they probably will not want to
> give up the printers on their desks... once a user is used to something,
> taking that something away becomes difficult.

Canon imageCLASS 4350d has been pretty good to us over the past year
... it's laser, multi-function (so can double as a copier/scanner/fax)
and also has automatic duplex printing--not sure if many of the
cheaper inkjet's offer that but it's a great feature.

It's a bit large for a single person's desk, so maybe after they see
it you'll be able to convince 3-5 people to each share a printer? :)

They're often on sale, I think we paid only $130 or 150 for the last
one we bought, we have two right now.

Prior to that we had two 10 year old Xerox copier/printer's, the
WorkCenter XD100 I think?  Built like tanks... we only stopped using
them because the new PCs we upgraded to did not have LPT ports, and
there is no Vista driver that supports that printer (unfortuantely a
requirement since they are directly connected to users' desktops)...
We originally though of doing small print server, but after seeing the
price of the Canon's, which also allows us to eliminate a scanner and
a fax machine, we decided to go with them--as a side benefit the cost
per page is much cheaper then the Xerox as well.