OT: Printer Suggestions

    Chris> I've recently taken over the IT department of a non profit
    Chris>  organization.  I've found that most users have a printer
    Chris>  on their desk, but no two printers are the same.  I would
    Chris>  like to standardize on one model/manufacturer if possible
    Chris>  for a few reasons, the most major reason is the ability to
    Chris>  order mostly the same types of ink cartridges.

    Chris> Can anyone make any recommendations regarding specific
    Chris> models or makes based on reliability?

I'd avoid ink jets altogether.  Black and White Lasers are really
cheap now, and have a cheaper per copy price.

I love my networked black and white Brother laser that does
duplexing.  I think it was under $300, so maybe the people who really
need one on their desks could have one of those and you could get
another one or two plus a networked color printer for the people who
would rather have the desk space, and put the smell and the noise
somewhere else.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

If you find you are serving the same thing too often to the same
people, then invite someone else instead. It is much easier to change
your friends than your recipes.

Peg Bracken