Printer Suggestions

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 04:11:01PM -0500, Ethan Schwartz wrote:

> Prior to that we had two 10 year old Xerox copier/printer's, the
> WorkCenter XD100 I think?  Built like tanks... we only stopped using
> them because the new PCs we upgraded to did not have LPT ports, and
> there is no Vista driver that supports that printer (unfortuantely a

Ethan- grab an old PC or laptop that has an lpt port on it, connect
it to the XRX printer and install Linux on it.  Using CUPS you can
configure it as a networked printer and the Windows machines will be
able to use it quite easily.

If nothing else it would make a nice backup printer.

Or if you don't want 'em anymore let me know. :-)