Some Android questions

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf Of
Doug
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:57 PM
To: discuss-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Some Android questions

Hello Anthony:

I am far more bothered by the "Apps Store" way of delivering software
that must be approved.  They are making sure there store is "clean",
removing R rated apps.  It is not a platform I think I can tinker with
since somewhere I need to get approval from Apple.  Maybe that process
is not that difficult, but I would go bonkers waiting even a day to
get software I wrote on a device I own.

Doug

Hi Doug,
	That really wasn't what I was referring to; I think the iTunes type
store is pretty cool and a good idea.  My gripes are a bit more fundamental.
I think the kernel (the core of the OS) needs to be thought out, understood,
and prepared for future problems - kernels are much to complicated to expect
anything less.  I don't think Google is ready for that; and I won't even
considering one until there are.  I think they have developed a really nice
one off device, but they haven't seemed to follow any of the structure
needed for software that is going to get the face time its going to get.

Anthony