What do you use for apache log statistics

So I got my server running Ubuntu 9.10.  It's been a log time since I've
had webalyzer or awstats working correctly to report statistics on hits
on my website running in Apache.  I just tried for over an hour to get
awstats working again, and it's kicking my a**.  I see it creating the
data files in /var/lib/data but the web page isn't showing any hits for
Feb.  If I tell it to look at Jan, it shows some hits for Feb but no
details.  Driving me nuts.

So what you you use for web server statistics (visits, unique visitors,
popular pages, countries, etc)?

Alternately, if someone who knows awstats would be willing to help me, I
could post a longer description of the problem either to the list or
privately.

Thanks.