[Position-available] Linux/Debian - Security Administrator job in Cambridge, MA

Hello,
I am currently trying to fill a PERMANENT Security Administrator position for our client in Cambridge, MA.

The salary range is around $60-65K.
No telecommuting allowed, it's a 100% onsite job.

Here are some of the specs, please feel free to give me call if you have any questions. The client has an open source environment for the most part.

Sigma Database ID: 408

Job Description:

The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of security monitoring; intrusion detection and prevention; defining, modifying, and communicating security policies; handling abuse reports; conducting forensics of all supported operating systems (Debian GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac OS); system hardening, particularly of Debian and Windows servers and other systems; Apache hardening; and Windows malware detection and removal. The candidate will also assist other staff members with general user support and systems administration and perform other duties as assigned.

Requirements: The ideal candidate will be a client service-oriented individual who is able to communicate clearly and effectively when dealing with faculty, staff, and students at various computer skill levels. He/She will have...

- A minimum of five years' experience working in a large, diverse, heterogeneous environment where multiple users have root access and there are no firewalls (preferably in a research or academic setting);

- Solid understanding of common Internet protocols including TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, SMTP, and HTTP; solid understanding of VPN concepts; Cisco IOS experience; and experience with Snort and mod_security.

- A demonstrated understanding of common attack vectors required, including social engineering, cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, and buffer overflows.

- Experience with Linux kernel level security extensions such as SELinux or Grsecurity (required). Programming skills are a plus.

Once again, I would like to reiterate that we are an authorized agency tasked to recruit on this permanent need with our client.

-Al

Alok Bhansali
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Sigma Systems, Inc - Expert IT Solutions
Email: albans-sT4rodUwyDZWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org<mailto:albans-sT4rodUwyDZWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>
Direct Line: 508-925-3241
Phone: 508-357-6300 x 241
www.sigmainc.com

Note: this message (including attachment, files, replies and forwarded copies) contains confidential information for use by the intended recipient(s) only, for purposes authorized by Sigma Systems, Inc. (Sigma).