OT: What we want are things that work; what we get is technology

Chris O'Connell wrote:
> I tend to stay away from Linksys products in general.  As Brendan mentioned
> earlier, they have a short life expectancy.  I've had stellar luck with both
> D-Link and NetGear products.  Both manufacturers produce products that do
> not tend to need to be rebooted often and don't fail every year like the
> Linksys products do (in my experience) .

Staples has several Netgear units, so I'm leaning in that direction.

> I'm not familiar with the term DD-WRT though...

http://www.dd-wrt.com

It's a replacement open source firmware.  I will probably put it on my
existing Linksys.  Part of me wants to try just that before replacing
the whole thing, but these rewards coupons are going to expire soon, and
they'll pay for close to half of it.  And I've had problems with the
Linksys for a long time.