Google Chrome Cross Platform

I use chrome all over, and I'll recommend admins who support users should
probably start, but I'm not recommending it to users yet.  Here are the
reasons why:

Yes, chrome is noticeably faster than anything else.

No, it is not perfectly stable.  I frequently encounter issues, such as
inability to view a PDF, or some javascript doesn't work, etc.

But I do believe it is the future.  When Chrome OS comes out, as an OS that
can't install any apps, essentially immune to viruses and stuff.  It'll be
nearly indestructible although limited in functionality.  This will be
attractive to a lot of people who don't want to mess around with supporting
their systems, who have grown accustomed to crap PC's full of junk so it's
cripplingly slow, or the alternative uber-high priced apples.  Chrome OS
will satisfy a lot of people and become very popular.  I know I'll get one
for my Mom so she can stop calling for support.  ;-)

There is one really important drawback.  The license agreement explicitly
forbids organizations from downloading and redistributing the installer
(which is nearly impossible to find, even if you choose to violate that
agreement).  It is impossible to install for all users on a PC (not the same
on mac or Linux).  It must be installed by individuals who voluntarily
choose to use it.  And if your corporate firewall blocks the download, it's
end of the road for you.  All of these obstacles will limit the corporate
deployment severely, and I think it's a dumb move.  However, there is
nothing in the license agreement that prohibits google from distributing
another binary form under a different license.  If they wise up, they'll
make a version which is able to install in corporate deployments.

Google is the primary funder behind Mozilla.  Their current agreement
expires in 2011.  I wonder if google will continue funding them.