Android battery life

On 03/18/2010 09:49 AM, David Kramer wrote:
> You left out part of my claim.  The big "always-connected" selling
> point, and built into the very desktop of the phone, is the continuous
> updates from Facebook, GMail, and Twitter.  My claim was that when usin=
> these kinds of features that talk to the server every few minutes, that=

> the battery life was jokingly short.
>  =20
As I mentioned, the Battery Profile handles this type of thing.  These
are things that you can control.

> Right now I'm studying, but I hope to do a full post on my Backflip
> findings later tonight.  In the meantime, I'll note that just yesterday=
,
> an AT&T-compatible version of Nexus One became available (from Google;
> AT&T isn't selling it yet).  Not that I'm likely to get one.  I don't
> see Nexus One beating the iPhone with such poor marketing.  The Google
> page on the phone doesn't even list what applications come on it, or
> show what they look like, what the on-screen keyboard looks like,..  Fo=
> an interesting comparison, see
> http://mashable.com/2010/01/05/nexus-one-vs-droid-vs-iphone/
>  =20
Decent comparison. I think the Android marketing is really coming from
Motorola since they are the primary commercial vendor (Droid, Cliq,
Backflip). I have not seen an HTC or Nexus One add. I understand that
Dell is also going to have an Android out soon.
In my case, my data plan remained the same, and I got a $50 discount, so
I paid AT&T about $150 with a $100 mail in rebate so the result is the
phone cost me $50 once I mail in the rebate. The rebate is in the form
of a non-reloadable rebate card. I've have a couple of those before, and
with a bit of planning, they are useful, but watch out for restaurants.
On my AT&T rebate card a couple of years ago, I went to a restaurant who
put a hold , and did not release the hold after I paid the bill. If a
hold is placed (usually by a restaurant, but also by gas stations and
other merchants) it will be released after a period of time. In any
case, I was able to use 100% of the rebate card.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846