[OT] 3G networks vs. Sprint 4G

I just read an article about T-Mobile's 3G being faster than Sprint's 4G.=

In more technical terms we are essentially talking about High-Speed
Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) , High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) and HSPA+.=

<http://androinica.com/2010/03/24/t-mobiles-3g-network-is-faster-than-spr=
ints-4g-network-huh/?utm_source=3Dfeedburner&utm_medium=3Dfeed&utm_campai=
gn=3DFeed%3A+androinica+(Androinica+-++A+Google+Android+Blog)&utm_content=
=3DGoogle+Feedfetcher>
or
http://tinyurl.com/yemnnw8*

*I would have assumed that Sprint was implementing a newer technology
that the others had not yet adopted. Basically, the iPhone has forced
AT&T and all the other carriers to upgrade their networks. AT&T was very
aggressive because of the iPhone and some of the bad press it received.
I've seen figures that the AT&T network in Boston is over 300% better
than it was last year, and 700% in NY. The bottom line is that as a
result of both the iPhone, Android and other similar technologies, all
the major carriers are investing heavily in upgrading their sites. I
also think that both AT&T and Verizon are heavily investing in "The
Smoking Gun Presents" to develop the worlds dumbest commercials. I could
just see AT&T using Tonya Harding with a bat and Verizon using Danny
Bonaduce with Sprint using Matt Burch and Froy Tercero reposessing Dan
Hesse's limo.
*
*

--=20