Internet connection

    moylan> but how could that be?  if i go back to NetworkManager, it
    moylan> makes the connection quite handily, so the driver's got to
    moylan> be there ... right?  it really does work under NetworkManager,
    moylan> just not the way i want -- and i really would like to get
    moylan> the command-line procedure to work, using the interfaces
    moylan> file.

I've never made anything work the way I want with NetworkManager, so
these days the first thing I do on an Ubuntu system is install wicd,
which seems to do something much closer to what I want.   It might be
worth trying -- it's certainly easier than fiddling with command line
wireless configuration.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you
give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in
judgment.

J.R.R. Tolkein, The Lord of the Rings