Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had some unexpected hiccups with both the K6-2 box and the 64-bit
system.  The K6-2 would not (at first) install gnome-user-guide, but
after a reboot, it installed.

The larger problem was on the 64-bit.  The upgrader hung relating to
"acpi-support" and sat there for 45 minutes doing absolutely nothing,
displaying there were 51 minutes left.  Since everything else was pretty
much frozen, I manually powered down then rebooted into recovery mode,
then selected to repair the packages.  At that point, the process
continued (with a text screen) and installed the remainder of the
packages while removing the old.  When it finished, it eventually
prompted to press ENTER.  I then sudo'd and did an init 6 to reboot, the
system came up as expected afterwards.

At least the 686-based laptop upgrade went through perfectly...  :-)