Ubuntu 10.04 Post-Install Guide: What to do and try after installing Lucid Lynx

Thanks! I've been getting good reactions elsewhere but have had a few
troubles. My main push last year was through Google Reader, and a bug in
Google prevented me or anyone from sharing the post. My post hasn't reached
frontpage digg or anything like it did last time because of this, and i'm
not in the top results like i was last time, so there goes all my blog
traffic for the next six months! Scary how a problem with Google can have
this effect...

Also, slightly off-topic, but i use Feedburner, which updates the time of
the post every time i make an edit. This is a disaster because i can't
update a post without it appearing on planet ubuntu every time i do. This
post took me two days with few breaks even for food and sleep, and i still
had several things that needed cleanup. I ended up unintentionally spamming
the planet, but i see no way to prevent this. Anyone familiar with
Feedburner/blogger know how i could fix this? And yeah i know blogger is
shit, i do plan on migrating when i have the time

As for Lucid, i've heard a couple of people say that Lucid is a disaster,
but most people say that they've never been happier with Ubuntu. What i
gather from this is that there are some major issues that seem to be
affecting a small amount of people, the rest are very happy. The decision on
the menu bars has also hurt a lot, and some people don't like the direction
ubuntu seems to be going in with Ubuntu One. Other opinions?

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:15, Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> Danny, that's a great article. Good work!
>

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Alin-Andrei <nilarimogard-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:
>
>> Here's a script which takes care of every common action done after
>> installing Ubuntu:
>> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/04/what-to-do-after-fresh-ubuntu-install.html
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 03:38, Danny Piccirillo <
>> danny.piccirillo-GeWIH/nMZzLQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>>> After getting such a great reaction last year, i knew i had to make
>>> another one this year. There was lots of feedback and i've put a lot
>>> of effort into this updated post. Please let me know what you think
>>> and help me spread the word if you can. I hope you'll find this useful
>>> and that new users can learn from the instructions and explanations i
>>> provided
>>>
>>> Direct:
>>> http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2010/04/ubuntu-1004-post-install-guide-what-to.html
>>> Reddit: