Wired to wireless?

A question for the comm techies out there -

You have a wired network via a major provider - comcast, verizon, rcn,
etc, at your home.

Your neighbor (someone on your street) also subscribes to the same
provider.   Can they see your traffic?    Can you see theirs?

I ask because I just don't trust wifi enough for home use.   I am
wondering, though, how far my information goes when it leaves my cable
modem?    How do the providers handle it - or is it under DOCSIS
rules?

If my data is isolated from me to the headend, protected from the
neighbors or anyone else on the network, then I would feel a bit
better.

Thanks for any good educational insight on this.   Depending on the
answer, it _might_ help sway me to consider wifi at home.

Scott