[Position-available] Systems Administrator, Holyoke, MA

Hello:

I represent a staffing firm, FootPath Inc. One of our clients has a
need for a Systems Administrator.  I am requesting that you please
circulate this mail to your members. It would he highly appreciated.

Systems Administrator
Holyoke, MA. On-site , No telecommuting.
9-12 months contract, extendable as well.

Pay rate is flexible for people with heartbeat clustering and DRBD
real time experience.

SUMMARY
This System Administrator position is to be dedicated to assisting the
network team in preparing the client networks for multi-site VLANs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to system builds,
performance tuning, monitoring, scripting, supporting web
environments, cluster builds and management, network stack
reconfiguration and managing SAN environments.  This person must excel
in implementing and maintaining a proactive support environment. The
UNIX environment includes Linux and Solaris. Windows Administration
experience is also required.

 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

*  Extensive knowledge of network configuration for Linux, Solaris and
   Windows servers.

*  Prior experience with Heartbeat Clustering and DRBD disk
   synchronization technologies (REQUIRED.)

*  Strong inter-personal and communication skills;

*  Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.

*  Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
   using Perl or other scripting languages.

*  A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system; disk
   management, logical storage, clustering, file systems, paging and
   swapping, inter-process communication.

*  A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing
   environment concepts; understands principles of switches and
   routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent
   network-wide file system layouts.

*  Excellent Communication skills in English.

QUALIFICATIONS

   More than 10 years previous systems administration experience.
   Experience with more than one UNIX - based operating system.

   Experience working in clustered environments.

   Experience with scripting and improving efficiencies through
   automation.

   Experience with a site with 100% uptime requirement.

Any interested members can send me a resume copy with a number and time to
call.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nisha

Nisha Shah nisha-rJONVNix4MJWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org mailto:nisha-rJONVNix4MJWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Vice President - Account and Resource Management
FootPath, Inc  - http://www.footpath.com/
Ph:   781 916 2250
Cell: 617 797 0507