Comcast encrypts extended basic channels

I wrote:
> I also ran across mention of Iguanaworks, which is another small-time
> fabricator of IR interfaces:
> http://iguanaworks.net/product1.psp
>
> They have a $40 USB product that has several different configurations.
> The best option seems to be 1 IR receiver, and 4 independent output
> channels (provided through 2 stereo mini jacks). With this option you
> then need to either make a cable to interface directly with the DTA (the
> Thomson DTAs have an IR-in jack), buy a pair of emitter cables ($10) or
> make your own.

I sent a few basic sales questions to Iguanaworks over a week ago and
haven't heard back, so I guess I'll have to go with plan B.

(Iguanaworks appears to be ran as a side project by some college kids,
so perhaps it isn't their focus.)

Bill Bogstad wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> Bill Bogstad wrote:
>>> This is the one I got (mentioned on mythtv-users):
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002
>>
>> The information seems to be a bit vague as to whether it supports one or
>> two IR blaster channels. (There are a bunch of blaster products that
>> support 2 or more emitters, but not as independent channels.)
>
> I only have one physical emitter...

Does it have jacks for two emitters?

> ...and therefore haven't done any real testing of this. I seem to
> recall being able to have only one channel transmit at a time
> though, but I'm not sure about that.

I guess I'll have to post to the mythtv-users list to see if any users
there have tried using this blaster to control two independent devices.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA