Comcast encrypts extended basic channels

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I wrote:
>> I also ran across mention of Iguanaworks, which is another small-time
>> fabricator of IR interfaces:
>> http://iguanaworks.net/product1.psp
>>
>> They have a $40 USB product that has several different configurations.
>> The best option seems to be 1 IR receiver, and 4 independent output
>> channels (provided through 2 stereo mini jacks). With this option you
>> then need to either make a cable to interface directly with the DTA (the
>> Thomson DTAs have an IR-in jack), buy a pair of emitter cables ($10) or
>> make your own.
>
> I sent a few basic sales questions to Iguanaworks over a week ago and
> haven't heard back, so I guess I'll have to go with plan B.
>
> (Iguanaworks appears to be ran as a side project by some college kids,
> so perhaps it isn't their focus.)
>

> Bill Bogstad wrote:
>> Tom Metro wrote:
>>>
>>> The information seems to be a bit vague as to whether it supports one or
>>> two IR blaster channels. (There are a bunch of blaster products that
>>> support 2 or more emitters, but not as independent channels.)
>>
>> I only have one physical emitter...
>
> Does it have jacks for two emitters?

Yes.   I tested both jacks to make sure they work.  I just am not 100%
sure that I've checked there was no signal from jack 1 when I had
selected only jack 2 in the software.  I picked up some emitters at
the MIT Flea last Sunday, but probably won't get around to trying
things out for at least a week or two.

Bill Bogstad