Solaris - scsi: Device is gone???

Robert La Ferla wrote:
> It's not always the same disk target that has the problem.  It happened on two different targets (one that is RAID'ed and one that is not)  We do not believe it's actually a bad disk.  I found this old post but nothing helped:  http://www.unix.com/solaris/96147-solaris-disk-error.html   Ideas???

It's possible that the disk is going to sleep, and is just slow to wake
up. There was an issue like this for WD SATA drives a couple years ago.
If all the drives are the same brand/model, you might try replacing one
of the disks with another brand and see if that one gives you the same
issue or not. If it doesn't, ask the vendor for replacements or a
firmware update.

Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi