redhat and rc.d issues ...

Hi folks,

For my startup/init process (/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/), I have S60NFS followed
by S85httpd and S85tomcat. If for some reason the NFS mounts
from /etc/fstab fail, and tomcat and httpd startup without access to the
NFS mounted file system, then tomcat can get into a mess as my default
program running in tomcat requires indexes that are in the NFS
partitions.

Is there any way that I can tell the startup process to _not_start httpd
and tomcat if the nfs mounts fail, or is this the kind of thing that
should be handled at program level?

I see in the net/free BSD versions on rc.d that there are
"PROVIDE/REQUIRE" type switched that can be added to scripts
in /etc/init.d that make sure certain processes are started before
others, but I dont see any linux (or more specifically redhat)
references to such options ...

thanks for any pointers,

Richard
--