Possible iMAP server

On 06/28/2010 01:50 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Maildir.  There's almost never a good reason these days to use mbox.
>
> Dovecot does not make subdirectories internally.  Assuming that "~/Mail=
dir" is your mail home, the mail folder "Foo" is "~/Maildir/Foo" and "Foo=
/bar" is "~/Maildir/Foo.Bar".  Regardless, Dovecot presents Foo and Foo/B=
ar as parent and child to the IMAP client.

Thanks guys. For years I used mh (very similar to maildir). I agree with
you about mbox becoming very long in the tooth.

Basically, I think you answered my questions. I cannot think of any
advantage of using mbox, and in any case, there are plenty of scripts
that can be used to go in either direction.

In any case, this looks like a relatively near-term project, at least on
my wife's email.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846