multipath alias not being created.

Hey, I'm setting up a CentOS 5.5 box right now which uses a LUN from
our SAN.  Originally I had user_friendly_names enabled so I was using
/dev/mapper/mpath0 as the device name.  I want to change that to
reflect the LUN ID from the SAN so I disabled user_friendly_names and
set alias to LUN34.  I rebooted the box but I do not see
/dev/mapper/LUN34 and instead see /dev/mapper/<wwid>.  Does anyone see
what I'm missing?  I can't figure out what I'm missing.  I've read the
docs correctly and /dev/mapper/LUN34 should exist right?  Thanks.

tom

multipath.conf
---
devnode_blacklist {
        devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
        devnode "^hd[a-z]"
## Only here in case we don't want a device created while testing
#       devnode "^sd[a-z]"
        devnode "^cciss!c[0-9]d[0-9]*"
}

defaults {
        udev_dir                                /dev
#       user_friendly_names             yes
}

multipaths {
        multipath {
                wwid                    360060160b606160000601cffa8b7db11
                alias                   LUN34
                no_path_retry           queue
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                hardware_handler        "1 emc"
        }
}

devices {
        device {
                vendor                  "DGC"
                product                 "LUNZ"
                getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
        }
}

--
| tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org                 tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org |