looking for an older Mac notebook

Sorry I couldn't quote your post, but I can't mail to the list with my
web based email program, and Thunderbird has problem replying to list
format. Maybe I should change my format from digest to mail. Hmmm.

Anyway, I enjoyed your post, but I feel compelled to address two
misconceptions:

(1) I have successfully moved people from Windows to Macs in the past.
My wife, my son, and my mom are all Mac users. The son was easy, bought
him a Mac, it was new and shiny, thus as a young man he was happy.My
wife was a little harder, I bought her a mac and had to hold her hand as
I reassured her that she could do everything she could do on her old
Windows desktop. My mom, she only had one application requirement,
turbotax. Since, at the time, that ran on Mac, I replaced her aged
Windows 98 box with a Mac-mini. Aside from the optical drive dying, she
has loved it.

(2) ":D :D :D I love the refreshing innocence of young people." Were it
only true that a 47 year old man could be considered young.

Anyway, I think my sister will be less difficult than my wife, and may
even be easier than my mom because she does not use any "bedrock"
Windows software products. I think it will be just a habitual thing for
her, and as long as it is sufficiently better than the family Windows
box, which it will be because it is a laptop, she'll be happy with it.
Once she's happy with it and using it, the envy of others will set in.