web cams

Bill Bogstad wrote:
> I'm not sure that Wi-Fi is a good idea for security cameras. Seems
> like a broadband white-noise generators at 2.4 and 5Ghz are going to
> easily be able to kill your system completely.

True. Bring along a 319 MHz signal jammer and you can knock out many of
the wireless security systems that are widely deployed in North America.

But of course security is relative - you need to understand what you are
protecting and from whom.

> ...but eventually it will become "standard issue" equipment.

Perhaps, but we're likely a few decades off from that, and by then,
we'll have moved on to something else.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro