Interesting $35 tablet running Linux

Blake Parker wrote:
> This looks interesting. Does anyone know more about this device?
>
> http://www.crunchdot.com/35-tablet-from-india-looks-to-be-worth-every-paisa-video/

Yes.  FastCompany had an article on it, which said that it is almost
definitely vaporware, and they're doing it to convince people India has
good tech.  My guess is that if this is the case, it's to compensate for
the horrible reputation their software and tech support outsourcing are
getting.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1673553/cheap-computing-india-tablet-ipad-killer-olpc

The short of it is that it's not physically possible to even buy all the
components for anywhere near that money, let alone design, assemble, and
market such a device  They used the cost breakdowns from similar
devices, then assumed a super cheap crappy screen and smaller battery.