Interesting $35 tablet running Linux

On Jul 23, 2010, at 5:15 PM, Jack-rp9/bkPP+cDYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org wrote:

> I think back to the $100 Laptop ( OLPC project ), well it

That's another "obvious" comparison, but I put that in quotes because there is some tech in the XO-1 that I think make it more like an iPad -- in the sense of leading edge technology -- than what this thing looks like.  The dual-mode screen is a big part of that.  I suspect that the $35 tablet uses an non-illuminated, passive matrix screen in front of a bunch of trailing edge tech.  Given that, yes, it's possible, much like $250 will get you a netbook that would have cost ten times as much some five years ago.

--Rich P.