switching from 32-bit to 64-bit

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Seth Gordon <sethg-Dp9fwfP21SfQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> At some point I noticed that I was running the 32-bit version of the OS,
> not 64-bit. ?Is there a relatively painless way to move everything over?
> ?(I need to upgrade it from 9.10 to 10.04, in any event.)

I've been interested in doing this for a while now on a couple of
machines and every time I research the subject I come up empty on
anything for Ubuntu.
There are some web pages out there that talk about Fedora or Debian,
but nothing that is even remotely supported by anyone.

Here are some links:

Debian: http://teddyb.org/~rlpowell/hobbies/debian_arch_up/
Fedora: http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/123800

I've never gotten to the point that I'm willing to risk having to do a
complete reinstall if I can't hack out the upgrade.   If you get
something to work please let me know what you did. :-)

Good Luck,
Bill Bogstad