ubuntu upgrade

jerry feldman wrote:
> On 07/28/2010 06:06 PM, edwardp-mh2Nk+tgbQM at public.gmane.org wrote:
>> Dan Ritter wrote:

>>> I would guess that you have a new X driver that doesn't work
>>> well with your video hardware. Try ALT-F1 to get to a console
>>> screen and then reconfigure X.
>>>
>> Had an eventual video problem with Ubuntu 9.04 -> 10.04 upgrade, it was
>> ATi related.  Couldn't fix the problem after changing resolution, so I
>> did an R&R (reformat and reinstall) on it.
>
> Did that fix the problem

not knowing how to reconfigure X, i did an R&R -- it did NOT
fix the problem.  the login gui looks fine but when i log
in, i get the blank screen with a bit of twitching at the
top.

i need some help in reconfiguring X, if indeed that's the
next thing to try, or another suggestion if it isn't.

thanks for the replies.

ol dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave