Frackin script kiddies!!

On Aug 3, 2010, at 1:18 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Adding SSL and a password most certainly *does* provide added
> protection. I know *I* feel like my car is less likely to be stolen if
> I lock the doors, roll up the windows and take the key with me,
> anyway. Sure, it can still happen, but its a lot less likely.

Here's something to ponder: if you put a Club on your wheel then your car is *more* likely to be stolen by a professional car thief than if you did not.

A pro needs one tool to steal your car: a crowbar to break the wheel lock.  The same pro needs a 6 inch hacksaw blade to saw through your steering wheel to remove the Club and use it as the crowbar to break the lock.  Which is easier to carry around: a crowbar or a 6 inch hacksaw blade?

The object lesson: feeling secure is not being secure.

--Rich P.